Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Gen 1 Chapter 2

  Another morning. I'm tired, I can't seem to sleep. The near constant daylight is messing with me. I need to expand my little lodge so I can sleep inside, but its hard going. I was barely able to pay last months bills and I fish eighteen hours a day. Nothing useful has washed on shore so far, but I'm hopeful I'll get something eventually.


I'm going to take a break today and do some swimming. Since I found myself here two months ago, all I've concerned myself with is food and shelter. I feel I've stabilized myself enough to take a day off. I wonder how far out I can go, if I'll be allowed to buy a boat, maybe find a trading post, be able to interact with other sims. Normally I deeply enjoy my solitude, but the isolation is starting to get to me. A pet would be nice, but what if it suffers because I don't have enough room out here to stretch its legs? I'd feel terrible about that, just dragging another living being into this miserable situation. I don't want that, not for an animal or another sim. I'm going to hold out for as long as I can, I have to. I don't want anyone else to suffer.

  After breakfast, its time. It feels good, getting back into the ocean, like I'm still connected to my old life. I've missed this, the feel of cool water sliding across my skin, of teeming life around me, the vast, mysterious depths with myriad possibilities. I love it.


    Time to go. I wonder how far I'll get today?


    Not very far. I got to swim for fifteen minutes before I was stopped.

 
    The horizon is infinite, but its an illusion. I've run into some kind of invisible forcefield. I can't swim past it no matter how hard I try. I tried everything, striking it, jumping over it (I'm desperate), and diving as far underwater as I could. I failed. Water flows fine past the barrier, but nothing else. This means I'm completely isolated, but that's not the worst of it. My fish supply may be finite, I can no longer depend on it as a permanent source of food and income. Looks like I'll have to travel soon whether I like it or not. Obtaining seeds may be the only way to live.


    I spent the rest of the day swimming around the barrier, hoping to find a hole, somewhere fish may enter. I found nothing.  Dejected, I swim back to the little island to find the sunset and nothing else. The water has mysteriously risen and covered the island, washing away everything I had. I add more salt water to the ocean.







I found these pictures on Google drive, and decided to use them. Why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment